This white chocolate iced coffee has been my go-to recipe for the last couple of months now. It is very tasty and quite filling as well. I would say it is more on the sweet side of things. Thus, if you are a strong black coffee lover, then this might not be the recipe for you.
As you probably already know from my last coffee post, I dread the taste of coffee. And if there’s any way I can mask the taste of it in my coffee drinks, I absolutely will do it.
This white chocolate iced coffee recipe completely eliminates the coffee taste. Not only that, but it also helps in keeping me up and alert when I need to be.
In the past, I used to think that the blacker the coffee, the more effect it has on the body.
And though that may be true in many ways, I still find that a little goes a long way as well.
This recipe calls for 3 shots of espresso. You may think that 3 shots aren’t enough to keep a person awake. But trust me, I work a 12-hour shift and this keeps me alert all day.
Therefore, if you don’t like the taste of coffee but still want the effects of it, then I would recommend giving this recipe a try.
WHITE CHOCOLATE ICED COFFEE INGREDIENTS
- 3 Shots Espresso: This recipe calls for 3 shots of espresso in order to not overpower the melted white chocolate taste with coffee.
- White baking chips: The white baking chips need to be melted for this recipe. Adding white chocolate chips gives this drink a nice condensed milky taste that feels as though you’re drinking coffee shakes.
- Sweetener (optional): You don’t necessarily need a sweetener for this recipe. But I do have a really sweet tooth, thus the extra sugar.
- Almond Milk: Any milk would do for this recipe. But I personally prefer almond milk, cause too much dairy makes me feel bloated.
- Ice cubes: To keep the drink chilled
To begin preparing this recipe, I would suggest melting your white baking chips ahead of time. I personally melt mine over hot boiling water until I achieve the consistency that I want. But you can always try melting it in the microwave. If you don’t want the hassle of melting baking chips, then I would suggest picking up the Ghirardelli Premium White Chocolate Sauce. The taste and consistency are similar to melted white baking chips.
Once you have your melted baking chips, the next step is to prepare your espresso. I use my Keurig coffee maker to prepare my espresso. But if you don’t have a coffee-making machine, you can always use the ancient method of pouring hot water over ground coffee and mixing it. Honestly, I don’t notice the difference that much.
After the espresso is made, I would suggest filling up your glass cup with ice cubes. This helps cool down the coffee, keeping it chilled before drinking.
Then add your melted white chocolate sauce, milk and combine.
You can top off your drink by adding some whipped cream. But I personally chose not to for this recipe, but if you want to, you sure can.
WHITE CHOCOLATE ICED COFFEE RECIPE
White Chocolate Iced Coffee Recipe
- 1 tbsp melted white baking chips
- 3 shots espresso
- 1 tsp sweetener optional
- ice cubes
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- To a glass cup, brew in 3 shots of espresso and mix in sweetener.
- Add ice cubes to the mix and pour in melted baking chips and almond milk.
- Stir until fully combined.
- Optional: Top with some whipped cream.
- Serve and Enjoy!