Today’s recipe is inspired by my love for strawberry banana smoothie. No kidding, I literally drink this almost every day that I honestly think it’s an obsession.
Since I haven’t posted a smoothie recipe in a long time, I felt today would be the day.
Honestly, this strawberry banana smoothie is so simple to make, even a 5-year-old can do it with his eyes closed. Thus, no need to worry about messing things up in the kitchen as this recipe is more on the easy side of things.
To begin making this strawberry banana smoothie, I recommend picking up a good blender for the job. The smoothness of your smoothie is heavily dependent on the blender you use. Thus, getting a blender with very sharp blades would help do the trick.
I personally recommend the Vitamix high-powered blender, which works like a frigging monster. But if you don’t feel the need to splurge on a blender, then a cheaper alternative that I personally use will be the black and decker blender.
Key Ingredients For Strawberry Banana Smoothie:
- Strawberries: Obviously, it won’t be called a strawberry banana smoothie if no strawberries are present. Thus, for this recipe, you would want to freeze your strawberries ahead of time. I personally dislike using ice in my smoothies, hence, I freeze all my ingredients before preparation.
- Banana: This recipe calls for ripe bananas, thus I would recommend picking some ripe ones and freezing them as well.
- Almond milk: Honestly, any milk will work for this recipe, but since I lean more on the plant-based side of things, I prefer this option.
- Stevia: This is completely optional, but I personally consider it to be a key ingredient in this recipe. Frozen fruits often lose their sweetness, therefore I use sweeteners to revive them.
Almond Milk Vs No Milk?
The decision to use milk or not in your smoothie is totally dependent on you. My husband hates milk in his smoothies, but I love it. Therefore, if you dislike milk in yours, then I would suggest using cold water.
The texture however would be different, and would have more of a slushy consistency if you do decide to use water. Overall, I think you should be okay in terms of flavor if you avoid milk all-together.
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe without milk.
STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- ½ cup fronzen diced strawberries
- ½ cup frozen sliced bananas
- 2 sachets stevia sweetener
- 1 cup Almond milk
- Add all your ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth
- Serve and Enjoy!