Yes, you read that title right. I will be showing you guys my peanut butter jackfruit burger recipe. This recipe honestly tastes soo good, especially when you add avocado to the bun. It makes it taste soo good, I’m pretty sure you all would love it as well.
I know you’re probably thinking “Eleanor, how in the world do you mix jackfruit with peanut butter”, but trust me, it takes jackfruit to a whole new level. It does go well together.
If you have ever tried out peanut butter chicken, then this recipe is literally similar to it. Not only that, but the peanut butter actually gives it a unique flavor that is honestly so delicious.
In my previous Jackfruit rotini pasta recipe, I told you guys that it is absolutely wise to make sure you boil down the jackfruit before you cook it because jackfruit does have a really sweet taste to it. And you really want to ensure that the sweetness of the jackfruit is completely gone before you boil it in any sauce.
The same procedure applies to this particular recipe as well because you need to ensure that the jackfruit is fully cooked before you add the peanut butter so that the sweetness does not remain.
Overall, this is the perfect recipe to prepare for breakfast. Feel free to also eat it with fries if you have some at home. I chose to combine this with avocado and it made this recipe taste even more delicious. The spiciness in the jackfruit was a little bit too when I prepared it, so I chose to add some avocado to numb it down a bit which honestly changed the overall taste of the jackfruit.
Be sure to give the jackfruit enough time to boil in the water to ensure the jackfruit breaks apart completely.
Peanut Butter Jackfruit Recipe
- 14 oz canned Young Jackfruit
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- To a medium-sized pot on medium heat, add in your young jackfruit and 2 cups of water.
- Boil the jackfruit for about 20 minutes and use a fork to break apart the jackfruit pieces. Drain any excess water from the jackfruit.
- To a small bowl, combine peanut butter, salt, pepper, and soy sauce.
- Add the combined mixture to the cooked jackfruit and mix
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, lay jackfruit mixture to the baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve on a burger bun with fries or tater tots. Add some avocado if you have some.
Watch the video in HD