It’s that time of the year again of introducing you guys to a few of my must have drugstore makeup essentials. Shockingly, there has been a ton of makeup releases in just the past 3 months. I can’t even keep up anymore, because the moment I get the in-thing, another one pops up and begs for my coins.
As a makeup lover, purchasing new makeup can always seem like a very fun thing to constantly do, however, theres always that one time we just have to say “no” to new releases and continue to stick to our holy grail must haves.
Well, for the first time this period, I decided to cut down the splurging and focus mostly on what I already have that works really great.
Might seem like a very difficult thing to do, especially if collecting makeup is like your soul purpose in life…, but trust me, its really not that difficult to just stick to the good old holy grail makeup that hasn’t failed you in the longest time.
Todays post, I would be sharing with you guys a few of my must have drugstore makeup products.
I have been debating for a long time now if I should make this post or not, but I eventually just decided to say “WHATEVER” and just type it anyway.
So last night I literally scattered through my makeup collection to pick the main drugstore products that I can never seem to let go off.
It was surprising to see how much I preferred using my must have drugstore makeup products compared to the high end ones. Usually when people think of high end, they usually imagine something with more quality product for the money.
Well… guess what.. drugstore makeup is where the shit is at these days.
I mean, a foundation that looks like skin, and doesn’t clog your pores with essential vitamins for only $5? Come on, That’s a steal if you ask me.
Drugstore brands are really stepping up their game these days, and sadly I might soon be saying goodbye forever to Sephora.
For the mean time however, as long as the prices don’t go up due to better quality, I would still be keeping an eye out for any changes in drugstore products and quality.
Anyways here are a few of my must have drugstore makeup essentials. Be sure to let me know a few of your favorites in the comments.
MY MUST HAVE DRUGSTORE MAKEUP ESSENTIALS
- Primer – NYX Angel Veil & Elf mineral Infused primer: These two primers are my every day must have drugstore primer. I love the creamy texture of the NYX Angel veil and the silicone smooth feel of the Elf mineral infused primer. These two together keep my makeup put throughout the day. Plus it’s great for oily skin, and doesn’t make my face feel greasy at the end of the day.
- Foundation – Physicians Formula Healthy Foundation: If you thought the covergirl vitalist elixir foundation was my drugstore favorite, well surprise, it actually isn’t. I did a review on the product, and completely disliked how the undertone didn’t match me. I run very neutral in my undertone, and lately realized that the only foundation from the drugstore that matches that undertone very well is the physicians formula healthy foundation. It doesn’t break me out at all, and feels/looks just like skin. It also provides SPF which just tops it off. Honestly, it’s not the best in terms of shade range, as they are sort of lacking in that area, but the benefits this foundation provides is just absolutely great. I was lucky to find a color to perfectly match me, which I found surprising, but hey, at least I got lucky after years of trying to find something to work other than the Maybelline Fit me (which completely broke me out btw). I can’t stop raving about how much I love this foundation.
- Concealer – Maybelline Age rewind concealer: For the longest time, Maybelline had not expanded the shade range of the age rewind concealer, however, late last year, all our prayers were answered when they came out with a deeper range of shades. I immediately hopped on the spending wagon, so that I could give this a try. Since then, I have not gone back to my most loved L.A girl pro concealer. I fell in love upon first application and even ended up repurchasing a lot more, in hopes that I never run out.
- Loose Powder – Makeup Revolution Banana powder: Always sold out at my local ulta but still one of my favorite powders from the drugstore. It’s a mild yellowish powder that just perfectly complements my undertones. I love powders that come close to my favorite yellow powder ( Sasha butter cup setting powder), so seeing this made my heart happy. Although the makeup revolution powder is a tad bit less yellow than the sasha powder, it still gives a very flawless finish on the skin.
- Pressed powder – L’Oreal true match: One of the best drugstore powders I’ve ever picked up, even till this day, continues to remain the L’Oreal true match. It comes In a variety of ranges and undertones that it’s almost impossible to find something that wouldn’t possibly work for you. I always keep this in my purse to touch up whenever my natural oils start to creep back in, and it does help with the shine control.
- Blush – Milani Coral Cove blush: I’m not the biggest fan of blush, however this particular blush always gets me to make frequent use of it. It has the perfect shade for my undertones, and I just can’t seem to ever let go of it.
- Bronzer – L’Oreal True Match Lumi Bronze it: This bronzer stole my heart the minute I swatched it at the drugstore. Words can’t describe how much I love this bronzer and reach for it over most of my high-end favorites. It has a shimmery look to it, however, it applies on pretty matte and is so beautiful on the skin. I’m so glad L’Oreal came out with this, cause I’m in love.
- Brows – Makeup revolution brow pomade & NYX microbrow pencil: These two products are my everyday brow on fleek products. I completely ditched the expensive Anastasia Beverly Hills brow pomade the minute I came across these products. Each of them are literally exact dupes to their high end competitors. So save some coins if you are a beginner, and stick to some good old drugstore brows.
- Lips – Colorpop liquid lipsticks & NYX lip liners: These two brand products paired together just give me the most affordable beautiful lips. Colorpops liquid lipsticks are so beautiful and work well with a variety of skin tones, while the NYX lip liner is an affordable liner that comes in multiple shade ranges.
- Eyeshadow – Colourpop & Morphe palettes: I wish I could choose a specific palette from each brand that I can say I truly reach for constantly, but sadly I don’t have a favorite over another. I love majority of their palette releases and can never seem to stay away from the hype in purchasing their products. Colourpop also has some single super shock shadows that I tend to stack up quite often due how pigmented and beautiful most apply on the lid.
- Mascara – L’Oreal telescopic mascara & Lash paradise mascara: I combine both depending on what types of lashes I’m going for. The telescopic mascara tends to give my lashes an amazing length, while the lash paradise offers amazing volume. Both combined together would create the perfect lashes, which is what I always recommend (#falsiesgirl)
- Eye Liner – L’Oreal black pencil eye liner: I love a black waterline and this always comes through to satisfy that need. I have nothing more to say besides the fact that this liner is just so damn great.
- Highlighter – Wet n Wild Highlighting powder: Since I’m not into blinding highlighter, this is just that must have drugstore highlighter that I can never seem to put down. It is pretty suttle, so a little doesn’t blind you in seconds. I use this for an everyday look, and so far, it hasn’t let me down.
- Setting spray – Mario Badescu Aleo spray & Covergirl look lock up setting mist: These two together create the perfect makeup that wouldn’t budge all day long. I love how well they work together, and so far, I’m pleasantly surprised with both products.
SHOP MY MUST HAVE DRUGSTORE MAKEUP